Friday, September 14, 2012

Back to Basic...and Happy

It's been a year? Damn. Time really does fly fast! Well, time flies fast is one thing. But I haven't updated my blog since a year ago? Damn. I really am THAT lazy.

I first started this blog because I love writing. Or so I thought. Looking back, I guess the real reason was because it could have been the only way I got to express myself best - journals. And since Facebook, self-expression just got easier and time-saving. So there went my blog updates.

It's been a year and I've added on to my brood; Micah's baby brother, Dante was born on May 20th, this year, at exactly 10:00am, and weighed 3.9kg, 0.05kg shy of Micah's birth weight. He's now 3 months old, and actively growing and developing his abilities.

I've since resigned from my old job, and am once again, a happy reporter of a local newspaper. Back to basic, and happy.

Back to basic and happy. That sounds about right.

I've learned quite a number of things in the past year. Being a mother really pushes you to learn a lot of things in a short period of time. I've been a mother for three years now. And if I look back, compare myself from three years ago to who I am today, I'm amazed. I'm far from perfect, but I'm also far from worse.

Here are some of the things that I've learned - at least in my 27 years of life - and have proven to be valuable to know:

  1. Bones, joints, and muscles, rot. So don't take them for granted and take plenty of calcium. Seriously.
  2. The metabolism-rate-slows-down-as-you-age shit is REAL. So ladies, eat all you want (and can) while you can. 
  3. Forgive and forget is a joke. Apart from genuine amnesia, forgetting hurtful incidents is impossible.
  4. If something or someone means that much to you, you will make time for it. No matter what. 
  5. That said, if you mean that much to someone, they will make time for you. No matter what. 
  6. Presence makes more impact and means much more than presents. Hence, I make it a point to spend as much time as I could with my sons when I'm not working. And being present is much more than just being physically there. You have to REALLY BE THERE; body and soul. 
  7. "I don't have enough time" is just an excuse for being LAZY.
  8. Buying stuff makes you happy for about 5 minutes. Then you either regret because you're on such a tight budget, or return to being unsatisfied and want to buy more stuff. Thank God I was never a gadget-freak.
  9. Though it doesn't matter what people say, they could sometimes be right. So listen, even if you don't follow their advice. 
  10. You're not always right. Seeing and admitting weaknesses is important. Besides, humility gets you to places more than arrogance does. 
There's more, but for some retarded reason I just can't think right now. More later. 

No comments:

My relationship with Sturcture and Perfection

 I realised that when it comes to writing, I have this urge to do it perfectly, to make it sound like I’m smart, ‘mature’ (a word I liked to...