Thursday, July 17, 2008

Freakshow Stars

I swore to myself that I will not post another post of anti-government sentiment or that with influence of political connotations, at least until another interesting politically motivated scene comes up. But I can't help it, especially after seeing how our mainstream media can be really biased in their reporting.

I was reading a local english daily, N** S****** T****, and there was this sidebar on the second page, opinions on Tuesday's great debate. There were 6 to 7 opinions and to my expectations, all 6 or 7 clapped for the government side of the debate. They told of how Shabery did a great job and how he had presented the facts so well. You see, i watched the debate live. I know how it was and it was pretty obvious who was the better speaker. But uhm, yah, oh well, let's give Shabery a clap as well. At least he had the guts.

Anyway, as i was saying, biased comments. Out of the thousands who watched that debate, I doubt that there wasn't even one who was on the opposition's side. I am for one. But i truly believe that there were quite a lot of folks who raised up their hands in support of Anwar. The comments on the other hand, showed none of what anybody has to say anything good about him.

That is one thing. The second one; I was attracted to what Khairy said (yea, he was one of those giving their two cents worth on the newspaper). His exact words are kinda vague in my head, but what i do remember is that he talked about minyak. Back to March this year before the big-E day (in case you're wondering, it's Election Day), ya, Anwar did say that he promised a cut down on fuel price down to lower than RM1.92 per litre. Tuesday night, he promised a decrease of as much as RM0.50'; facts of which the government came in too quick to judge that Anwar broke his promise. Either Khairy is playing dumb, or he really is just plain stupid. Back in March when Anwar made his promise, had the fuel price gone up by then? I believe, anyone would know the answer to that. No. It hadn't, at least not for the second time. The second price hike (in a time-frame of one year) barged in last month, out of the blue, suddenly (i remember the MASSIVE traffic congestion as everyone lined up to rush for the then cheaper price of fuel. It was terrible with capital 'T').

Tell me if i'm just being too critical of the government. I have to say that i'm no supporter of Anwar either. I don't trust our government to be in the hands of any of these freakshow stars. Sodomist, 'explosive' murderer, hypocrites, racists, extremists, ah... the list goes on. But really, the government has really done a great job in turning Anwar into a big-time star. People are going to remeber him well. Seriously. I'm even finding myself starting to believe in his persuasion. Daym.

Cheers everyone. Time to go to bed. Nite nite **

No comments:

My relationship with Sturcture and Perfection

 I realised that when it comes to writing, I have this urge to do it perfectly, to make it sound like I’m smart, ‘mature’ (a word I liked to...