Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Me & My Dirty Mouth

Profanity had ruled my mouth since i can't remember when. I can't recall when exactly did i start to use foul language as an expression of emotion like anger, or as a way to stress on adjectives, like how funny a joke is. But i'm feeling like i need to get rid of this habit of swearing. What if one day in the house of my future-possible husband candidate, in front of a future mother-in-law, i blurt out words too improper to be deemed acceptable? What would that make of me, and of what they think of me? *Sighs*

Some people find it funny, that i just can't help myself from using these "dirty" words in my daily conversation. While some just think that it's rude and that i need to learn how not to say such things anymore. But like i said, I can't help it. It just comes out... Whoosh!

Johnny is trying really hard to help me control the words that i use, because really, my mouth is soo dirty. So he sealed this deal with me; RM1 for every foul words that i blurt out, purposely or not. We sealed this deal about a week ago. So far, i owed him RM37. And that is only when he's around. He left for Aussie couple of days after. So now i'm using all the liberty i have swearing. Ha ha.

But really, i'm starting to wonder (a doing i'd never done before) how do people view me with all the profane words i splattered around them? Everytime i see something so nice that the word 'magnificent' just won't do, everytime i refer to something so great that the word 'awesome' just won't do, there goes "F***in nice!" "S***, f***in awesome!" "Ki**, punya smart!"

*Sighs*

If it's something that my mother is advicing me not to do, then i guess it must be a really bad habit. And if it's at the point that my mother is telling me why i shouldn't be doing it anymore, then that must have meant that other mothers or aunties, or anyone with the right kind of mindset for that matter, would also agree with. And although i've always been the kind of person who doesn't give a shit - excuse me - who doesn't give a pot of what other people think, i guess it's about time i know the definition of manners, and where the line crosses...

p/s: ... provided that you don't cross my line. Ha ha.

No comments:

My relationship with Sturcture and Perfection

 I realised that when it comes to writing, I have this urge to do it perfectly, to make it sound like I’m smart, ‘mature’ (a word I liked to...